Famous Hill stations in India:
1. Shimla => It is a very popular holiday-retreat during the summer months and is well-known for its Victorian architecture, which is reflected in certain areas of the Mall and The Ridge
2. Kullu =>Kullu derived its name from the word “Kulanthpitha” which means end of the habitable world.Easy access to Kullu valley was assured only after India gained independence.So, for long this region of Himachal Pradesh in India has largely been secluded since long. Due to this the culture here is largely retained and looks fresh. The place is also called as “valley of God”.
3. Manali =>Manali located about 40 kms from kullu is named after Manu. There is a beautiful mythological story asociated with Manu and the place Manali.The story has been best described on HPTDC (Government official tourism website of Himachal Pradesh)-
4. Dalhousie =>Its location presents panoramic views of the plains and like a long silver line, the river Ravi twists and turns below Dalhousie. The spectacular snow-covered Dhauladhar mountains are also visible form this enchanting town.
5. Dharamshala =>Dharamshala , the district headquarter of Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh is famous because of the tibetan community that dwell here. Dharamshal is the headquarters of the Tibetan Government in Exile which is led by 14th Dalai Lama , Tenzin Gyatso.
6. Chamba=>Chamba is known for the elegence of its temples and handicrafts. This makes this little hill town a bit different from the ones that are situated near to it.
Famous Historical Places in India:
1. Agra =>Agra needs no introduction as it is the city home to one of the seven wonders of the world and also most important monument in India ,the Taj Mahal. Apart from Taj Mahal the city also has two other UNESCO world heritage sites- Agra fort and Fatehpur Sikri.
2. Delhi =>Delhi had got an enjoyment package for every kind of tourist.Whether you are a historian, or shopping junkey or love to party or fond of night life , Delhi has certainly got something to offer you. Delhi ,the fastest growing city in India has been described well by Incredible India.
3. Jaipur =>Jaipur , once the capital of princely state of Jaipur is now the capital state of Rajasthan in India. Also known as the ‘pink city’ , Jaipur is a place where history still lives. Jaipur is one of the most famous historical places in India and a number of tourists both domestic and international reach here in great numbers to see the grandeur of Rajput kings who ruled this place in the past.
4.Chennai =>Chennai, located along the Coromandal coast of India, is the 4th largest metropolitan city in India and the capital of Tamil Nadu, one of the states in India.With a rich history, many places of religious interest and some exotic beaches.
5.Kolkata =>Kolkata is the second largest metropolitan city in India after Mumbai. Kolkata some times referred to as the ‘city of joy’ or ‘city of processions’ is the capital city of West Bengal ,one of the states of eastern India.